About South Australian Policy Online
Established in 2004, South Australian Policy Online is an interactive website linking researchers and public policy makers in South Australia. SAPO is a collaborative initiative of the following organisations:
SAPO aims to increase the accessibility of research resources including publications, events, project information and news and opinion pieces amongst policy makers as well as researchers within the university, community and industry sectors. Material is updated weekly and a free e-newsletter is sent fortnighly to subscribers informing them of recent updates - subscribe to the SAPO Newsletter.
SAPO contains four key sections:
- Publications - provides a gateway to policy reports, conference papers and research articles generated by over fifty South Australian research centres, institutes and other organisations. This material covers a wide variety of topics ranging from science and technology to social inclusion and poverty, and has an almost exclusively South Australian focus. The SAPO publications archive dates back to 2000, and currently contains over 820 publications.
- information about projects administred by the three state universities and funded by the Australia Research Council (ARC) and the National Medical Health Research Council (NHMRC)
- lists individual researchers and research organisations across the three universities.
- policy tools which provides access to international, national and state web based resources on best practice approaches to policy development, policy analysis and performance measurement and evaluation.
- Events - calendar of South Australian research and policy events including conferences, seminars and workshops.
- News and Opinions - features articles on current research developments and projects taking place across the three state universities as well as featuring write ups by our states best researchers on topical South Australian public policy issues.
We welcome information about upcoming events, news stories and recently released publications for posting on SAPO. Please refer to the SAPO Contributors Policy for further information.